Sometimes a week’s comicbook reading doesn’t immediately suggest a common thread. But on consideration, the closest to a shared thread over the past seven days has been air power. Hence the examples in the modest but admiring gallery below;
1. from 1972’s The Incredible Hulk #148, by Archie Goodwin, Herb Trimpe, John Severin. and Artie Simek.
2. from 1970’s ‘Ghost Of The Killer Skies‘, by Denny O’Neil, Neal Adams, Dick Giordano & John Costanza, as originally published in Detective Comics #404 and republished, in a remixed, remastered, rerecorded form in 2004’s Batman Illustrated By Neal Adams Volume 2.
3. from Boy Commandos: The Romance Of Rip Carter, as originally published in 1943’s Detective Comics #82, and reprinted in 1971’s Mister Miracle #4, from whence the above scan was taken. It’s apparently uncertain whether series creators Joe Simon or Jack Kirby were responsible for either the story or the art, with the laudable Grand Comicbook Database crediting Simon with inks and Howard Ferguson with the lettering.
4. from 1975’s Giant-Sized Invaders #1, by Roy Thomas, Frank Robbins, Vince Colletta, Petra Goldberg & John Costanza, as reprinted in 2007’s The Invaders Classic Volume 1.
5. from 1986’s The ‘Nam #1, by Doug Murray, Michael Golden, Armando Gil & Phil Felix, as reprinted in 2014’s Marvel Firsts: The 1980s Volume 3.
You can, if you’d choose, access other galleries here at Them Darned Superpeople here.