In which the blogger, preoccupied as he is with a host of, sigh, real-world obligations this week, offers the welcome visitor the first of a series of galleries of fine comics pages, this one united by the theme of the sea, in lieu of normal service, which will, he trusts, resume shortly ….
1. from SOLAS Saving Of Life At Sea, by Dan Peterson, from 2015’s Save Our Souls #1.( You can find more information about the always worthwhile SOS anthologies here.)
2. from 2012’s Lobster Johnson The Burning Hand TPB, by Mike Mignola, John Arcudi, Tonci Zonjic & Dave Stewart.
3. from 2017’s Illegal, by Eoin Colfer, Andrew Donkin & Giovanni Rigan, an absolutely timely and deeply touching graphic novel that you can find more about here.
4. The Neil Slorence print that came with the 2018 Kickstarter for Pirate Fun: The First Trial, by Slorence, Colin Bell, & David Cooper. More about the project can be seen at its KS page here.
5. Alex Schomburg‘s cover to 1940’s Marvel Mystery Comics #4, an image packed with more successfully concentrated pulpishness than many a multi-part saga.
2 thoughts on “The Sea! The Sea! A Modest Gallery Of Comics Pages Featuring The Ocean.”